Sunday 19 May 2013

The Past - Cenosis

Ok, I'm sure this name is something familiar to many. I signed a package with Cenosis at a bridal fair as I hoped to lose weight before the wedding day. To be fair, my slimming experience was done way back in 2003 where technology wasn't as advanced as present. But let me share how it was done then.

Cenosis did a fat analysis for me and they identified the target areas for my body. Mainly the upper arms and tummy. A usual visit to Cenosis is somewhat like a torture to me. Many pads were put on my tummy and they pass an electric current via the electrode pad-like thing. It's supposed to simulate sit-ups. But trust me, it's a real torture. It could be my low tolerance to pain but seriously, I don't understand how this thing works at all. I think it's what the 2 dutch men on youtube trying to find out how childbirth is like. The electric current simulates a contraction and that's supposed to be a sit up?

Anyway, the long and short of it was that this Cenosis episode was bad. As usual, like any other beauty salon, they try to hard sell me extra things to put here and there to expedite the slimming effect. They also wrapped me up with gel and gladwrap and put me into a super hot bed. Of course anyone would sweat and lose water yah? They took that as the inches loss. What a joke!

One good thing though is that they got a dietician to talk to me and helped me to understand about choosing the type of food so as to minimise the weight put on. No more yellow noodles for me! I try to eat bee hoon as it's supposed to be a healthier alternative. Another tip I learnt is not to eat after sundown as dietician said that's when our body will step down in terms of metabolism. This means no supper!

I must say I am impressed with how I stuck through the torture chambers at Cenosis. Ha ... must be the thousands of dollars I dumped in that kept me on! But seriously, I see no effect in my weight though the 'consultants' claimed I lost inches. I think it's probably just the water.

This is a slimming plan that I would not even recommend my worst enemy. Well, maybe it's my low threshold to pain. I am open to disagreements but this is something that I won't try again ever. Maybe they have updated their treatment now, maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment